Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pretties - Scott Westerfeld

OK. So the beginning totally annoyed me! All that "Bubbly" "-missing", "-making" blah blah blah drove me nuts! But the story was OK. I def like Uglies more than I did this one. I still liked it but I am not going to give it the same rating. I gave it 3/5.

What I love must about this books is the message behind it that beauty is skin deep and the outside should not effect this inside. I am not a young adult (although I sure miss it!) and I know the realities of things but still the whole drinking thing could not sit right with me. It just proves that when my girls get older I am going to have to read their books before they do. Or at least to read it with them. It's like the Twilight Series. All that "sex" drove me crazy. I was fine with it but I did understand that young people would be reading this stuff. Maybe I am just old fashioned (29 is old fashioned?). The Uglies Series is not as bad as Twilight as far as content but Uglies beats Twilight out! I am one of the few who really hated the series!

Anyways....I guess Specials is next in the series. Of course I have other books on my TBR (To Be Read) list but I will get to it soon enough!

No comments: