Monday, May 10, 2010

The Seven Year Bitch - Jennifer Belle

Genre: Fiction?
Pages: 318 ARC (336)
ISBN: 9781594487552 (in May)
Rating: 4.5 stars

Another one of my wins on Goodreads and this one blew me away. I really think that they picked me on purpose because i have never connected with a book in my life. I never even read books like this. This is strictly a woman's book and I would truly have passed it in a bookstore or anywhere for that matter and I can't tell you how happy I was to read this.

First, I kept looking at the cover wondering where my name was. I must have wrote this book or have helped in someway??? I couldn't relate to her any more. The only difference was having some sort of money. I don't have any and she clearly did but it is nice to know that money can't separate us! Everything she said made sense. It made me feel like I am not alone. the things we shared were:

- Having a sense of humor
- being a working Mom (although she stopped and I can't afford to)
- having an emergency c-section
- having a planned c-section
- always arguing with my husband thinking if it were gonna end up in divorce.
And just some much more. She even talked like me at times.

After reading this book it took a little weight off of my chest. Having 2 kids so close in age is very hard. I work full time, go to graduate school, my girls are 15 months apart, I have c-sections, and money is always super SUPER tight so you can imagine what me and my husband constantly argue about. This just proved that things are hard but you gotta just go with it. I assume things will be easier eventually and I am always making jokes and I try to make light of things but there are still pressures and I was grateful to have won such a book. I was laughing out loud multiple times and other times I had to call my sister or husband to tell them the funny or truthful things that I read. So thank you for my win and I really hope people would pick this up! I have been passing my views on to everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this! And by the way, my character might have money, but I don't! And I still have to work too. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this!

With love and thanks,
Jennifer Belle