Wednesday, June 30, 2010

From Ghetto to Greatness - Kevin "Coach" Brown


I was lucky to get this e-book from the author and although the writing wasn’t truly solid I still enjoyed the book. It was a quick read and it kept my attention at all times. The book grabs you right from the beginning with his train accident. It fully grabbed you and made you want to read more. I really enjoyed how he spoke of his life and made it simple and real. It was hard to read at times because of such sadness but it kept me wanting to read more. It is always nice to read about personal triumph. This story is definitely one of those books that show personal growth. He comes from such a hectic background and at times it looked like he was headed down the wrong path but he would change and be brought back to reality and with all his hardships he learned to cope with it and instead of making things more negative he made them into positives and now he helps people achieve what he had. It helps to have someone really care about you and understand what you are going through ion life and I really feel that he is a positive role model and personal helper to those who really need it. I recommend this book to anyone either looking for some positive reinforcements or simply for just a great read.

No comments: