Thursday, October 30, 2008

Heart-Shaped Box - Joe Hill

OK fine. I finally finished this book and it took me forever to read it. I just wasn't that into it. This used to be my genre when I was a wee girl but I guess as I got older I just started to get annoyed by mysteries and murder novels. I just don't get it. Maybe I have no imagination anymore.

I didn't like how he describes things because I really couldn't picture it in my head and I think that is the most important thing about a book is that they are supposed to grab you and make you feel like you were there and I can't do that with this book because I can't see anything. I didn't mind the raunchy things 'cause that's how people talk I guess. I don't know there is not much that I can say about the book but I probably would never have read it if on of my group reads on Goodreads.com voted it in. Oh well I can get them back!!!

If you liked the book then I am sorry if I offend you but I thought it was OK and that's all I have left to say about that.

No comments: