Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Private Lives of Pippa Lee - Rebecca Miller


I just don't know what to think of this book. I gave it 2/5 stars. I liked it but I didn't love it. There was a lot to the story that I really enjoyed and other parts I just could believe. I loved how Herb and Pippa met but I hated how the book ended. Actually, I just couldn't believe that it could end like that! I just don't know!!! The story just seems so far fetched to me. I mean bottle fed until 16 years old?? Really?? I guess I just expected more from the story. It is now going to be a film to be out very soon. Of course I would have to watch it just to compare. I am hoping that the movie is better. It wasn't such a long book so I am sure they can get it all into one hour-and-a-half film. Robin Wright Penn is to play Pippa and Alan Arkin to play Herb (very surprise to learn Alan's real age!)

I guess I would recommend it to one who rarely reads but I wouldn't recommend it to the avid reader!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have enjoyed reading your blog and I love the name. Book nazi is what my family have been known to call me.

Donna said...

Oh THX! a lot people get get offended by "nazi" but I am glad someone gets it!