Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon


WOW!!! This deserves 5/5 stars! I loved everything about it. From start to finish I had goosebumps , whether it was from fear, or anger, or sadness, or love I had shivers. It is an amazing piece of work and I can't believe I didn't read it earlier. I ordered this book some time ago and did not read it yet and the other day I didn't have time to get to the library so I just took this one with me to work and I read it in 3 days. I couldn't put it down.

Of course there were a lot of predictability but when I read it aloud it just felt like a surprise. I don't want to even dare speak any more about it in fear that I will give something away. I just wish that everyone has a change to read it because it is simply an amazing read!

Carlos Ruiz Zafon write YA's and this is his first adult novel and I say he did a pretty damn good job. He has another adult book that recently made it's debut: The Angel's Game but I am trying not to purchase it yet because it will not be out on paperback until March 2010 and I'd hate to have it out of sequence.

Go and read it!!!

No comments: