Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater




This definitely reminded me of the Twilight series. Wolves and sex... Except that I hated the Twilight series but I really did enjoy Shiver and I liked how it wasn't so much a YA when it came to certain aspects of the story, such as the whole sex thing. I liked it because it made the story more "adultish" but I would probably rip those pages out before I let my girls read it. Whereas in Twilight I just thought it wasn't realistic in that point. I mean, the author is Mormon and I knew she didn't want to add that into the story but I believe teenager or not sex was going to happen before marriage.

I will very much be likely to finish out the series. I felt that some of the story was very predictable but there were certain parts that I did not expect and for sake of spoilers I will not mention it here. I gav eit 3/5 stars. I don't just give away 4 and 5 stars you know. You really have to earn it!

No comments: