Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon


Of course I loved The Shadow of the Wind so why wouldn't I love The Angel's Game? Of course I loved it. Gave it 5 stars. I just love how Carlos writes. I also love to read about books and writers too. I hear that these two books are part of a 4 book seres...?? I am sooo excited! I loved how he brought back Sempere & Son and the bookshop. It's always nice to know what happened to the character you loved so much. I loved Daniel's character in The Shadow of the Wind and was very excited when he was brought back into the story. Although you don't hear much of him you still like to know where he went in life.
I brought this book in Large Print simply because I didn't want the Hardback version. So of course it was 732 pages rather than the 500+ pages but that didn't stop me. I read it in just 3 days!
Anyways, this story is of a writer who had nothing and still lost everything and LOVED to read and write, so much so, that he sold his soul. This story has so many twists and turns and introduces a large array of colorful characters. I thought it was a nice pleasant, fast paced read.
This is one of the books originally from both my NAME Challenge and my ABC Title Challenge. So cross this off my list!

No comments: