Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas - John Boyne

This was a very quick and easy read. I did enjoy this book however, I did find it a little too child-like. I mean, the book is written for YA's so I guess it makes sense and the story is told by a 9-year-old sooooo I really shouldn't say much on that topic.
Overall, it was an amazing story told by a young German boy and how he met another child on the other side. of the fence. This book shows how the children where not told the truth about what really was happening during WWII. I mean, it's hard to determine whether to tell the truth or not. You really don't want to tell them what is going on because you don't want to scare them nor do you want them to grow up with that image in their minds. But because they didn't tell them they have become naive and did not understand what was happening. I don't think I would tell my children in either situations.
Overall, a great read.

No comments: