Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher

Another YA book but I definitely enjoyed this one. I gave it 4/5 stars. It is a bout a girl who commits suicide and leaves cassette tapes and on 13 sides of the tapes (7 tapes total) she goes through what lead up to this point of her suicide. It sounds depressing but it is still a good read. I read it so quickly - 1 day! The book also takes place within an evening and it is being listened to by one of the people on the tape. The tapes have to get passed round to each person it the story. She mails the tapes out to the first person who she speaks of on the tape and then she goes to school and....So the first person on the tape listens to it and then has to mail it to the next person and so on. I don't want to say more in fear or Spoilers in which you guys know I don't like!

It is really a good read and I enjoyed it. Keep in mind that it is a YA (Young Adult) so if you are expecting a literary genius, look elsewhere, but if you are like me, looking for a fun fluff in between all those large books on your TBR (To Be Read) pile then go on and jump right in!

No comments: