Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Olive Kitteridge - Elizabeth Strout

Genre: Fiction
Pages: 270
ISBN: 9780812971835
Rating: 3.5/5 stars


Wow! I read this one pretty quick! This was our April book club read at work and I gotta say I did enjoy it but not what everyone put it out there to be. I really wanted to give it 3.5 stars but for Goodreads purposes I gave it 4 because you just can't give half stars yet.

This book is very touching and it makes you feel that just because you are old doesn't mean your life just stops. You can still go on and be loved and have love and even make love. These people in this book are 65+ and yest they are still out there cheating on their spouses! I am not saying that this is good I am just saying that you really never hear of such things happening when you are 72! My point is, is that you think of getting old as sitting on your rocking chair knitting sweater and watching reruns of old shows and at some points this may be but the elderly are still rocking it and just because they can't do certain things I am sure that they would given the opportunity.

There are a lot of sad things too, like having your friends and loved ones getting sick and dying. It sucks big time but I this book just goes to show you that you have to take things for granted and just live your live to the fullest because you are not always are going to be able to.

No comments: