Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lily's Crossing - Patricia Reilly Giff


Genre: Young Adult Fiction
Pages: 180
Format: Softcover
ISBN: 0440474539
Rating;: 4/5


Okay I have to admit this is not the best book and I rated it mainly on the fact that I was born and raised in the main town, Rockaway. I love to see it all in my head and I try to picture it many years ago. The book is set during WWII so even my parents weren't born then but I know of the shops and the places they spoke of and it brought me back to my childhood and of the beach and our innocence and it was comforting but it was also very sad because what isn't during wars? But all in all I gave it 4 of 5 stars solely on the basis of innocence and Rockaway. I will read on to Willow Run because it the "companion" book of Lily's Crossing.

No comments: