Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Dead and the Gone - Susan Beth Pfeffer


Genre: Young Adult Fiction
Format: Softcover / Library
ISBN: 9780547258553
Pages: 308
Rating: 3.5 stars


I loved both books in a strage way but this one bothered me more so than the first because it was a little too close to home. I liked how it wasn't as a journal as it was for Maranda's story but it was just Alex's account on everything. Of course for the first few days of reading this i had to put it down because of fear of continuing on reading it. I actually had a nightmare about a tidal wave coming at us. I had to get over my fear and tell myself that it was only a story and to read it as just that.


There are parts of the book that I simply hated. All those deaths of the people that they loved and having no idea if they were dead or alive or even to see people that you care so much about die. It was just sickening but it was a good story all the same. I am not sure if I am selling the book or making you run away from it but I really did think it was a good read. You continue Reading on in hopes that they get out of the City and to safety. You wish many things but you really want to know what happens at the end and that is what keeps you going and makes a good book. I can't wait to get to the third book, This World We Live In. I know that both of the main characters come together in the book and now they have to figure out how to survive yet again and move on with their lives. I wonder if this is the end of the trilogy????

No comments: