Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Forgotten Garden - Kate Morton


Genre: Historical Fiction
Format: Paperback
ISBN:9780330449601
Pages: 645
Rating 4.5 Stars


I loved this book so much but the only reading why I give it 4.5 stars and not a total 5 is because it was very coincidental and very predictable but it was such a great and wonderful story. It was such a touching story and I thought at first I would not like it but I found myself pushing everything aside just to keep reading. I knew what the ending was as soon as all the characters starting appearing. As I said, it was very predictable, but I still wanted to hear it for myself. I absolutely love Eliza's stories and want to have my own copy of them, complete with Nathaniel's sketches! I also love how they are like her real life stories.


I love all the characters but I didn't like how everything was way too coincidental. Everyone knew one another, even if it was 80- years ago. Somehow they have all met. I know some of it can be possible but it was just too many people knowing too many people. For example: Christan and Nell. Really? That was a stretch. I hated the story of Nick and Leo. Not because it didn't belong, it may well have, I just hated to read such a horror.


I really could go on forever but who wants to read what I write??? Go out and read what Kate wrote! She also wrote a book before this entitled The House at Riverton also known as The Shifting Fog. Her new novel The Distant Hours will be released in November 2010. But as I am a crazed book-er, I would have to wait until that one is on Paperback just to buy it to make my collection purdy! I will get to The House at Riverton soon after my thesis is through (if that ever happens).

No comments: