Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Jamilia - Chingiz Aitmatov


Genre: Fiction
Format: Trade Paperback
ISBN: 9781846590320
Pages: 96
Rating: 3.5 Stars


I found this book in the hallway of my building and as I was waiting for some of my recent book purchases to get to me from the mail, I decided to read it since it was so short. Of course I read it in a day and a half (I would have read it in a day but I had to make room for my work on my thesis). I did like it. I don't believe it is "the most beautiful love story in the world" as said by Louis Aragon but I do think it was a nice poetic and artistic view of love and it was a nice little story. I enjoyed the beauty in the songs that they sang and I loved the innocence and youthful playfulness of the characters. It was definitely a good find and one that I will keep with me for some time.

No comments: