Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Room - Emma Donoghue


Genre: Fiction
Format: Hardcover / Library
ISBN: 9780316098335
Rating 3/5 Stars

*Potential Spoilers*


I am not too sure on how to rate this book. I like the lot but I just could grasp...something. I guess I was waiting for this wonderful great story because of all the reviews and ratings but I guess I was just not one of those people. I did enjoy it and it was a quick read but there was something I just didn't like. Of course there were things that didn't sit well with me but that's because I am a human but those are the parts I liked most about the book. I did love Jack and his innocence and I don't blame Ma for anything. I loved the grandparents and everything did seem believable but yet I guess I just didn't think it was as good as everyone else but that is what makes a great book I guess.


I would have loved to have read about the court dates and of Ma's reaction to Old Nick when they were face to face in court. I kinda wanted to hear his side of the story. I kept playing it in my head. How he had his own family and how they didn't know and all that. I guess that would have made it more intense and shady. Oh well. I still liked the book and just wished there were more but Emma did a great job at adding in the small things like masks at the hospital and of how people looked at her funny because Ma still breast fed. I think her line went something like" that is what you think about?" It's kinda funny because it is true. We are all concerned about her breastfeeding a 5-year-old meanwhile she just spent 7 years in hell! Well, that's the human race I guess!

No comments: