Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Review: Half Broke Horses - Jeannette Walls



Genre: True Life Novel

ISBN: 9781416586289 ARC

Pages: 265
Format: Oversized Trade Paperack

Rating: 3/5 Stars

Work Book Club Read for April/May




Can't say I was a big fan of this book. The Glass House was a decent read and it was more captivating then this one. I think this book should have came out first. It seems like The Glass Castle would have been a good sequel to this.




Half Broke Horses is about Jeannette's grandmother and although it is an interesting story I was not all too thrilled to read it. It was kinda flat at times and just didn't make me feel like anything after or even while I was reading it. Her grandmother, Lily, was a super strong women and was way before her time and her life was truly interesting but the written story just didn't seem to so Lily's life justice. I feel that Jeannette, although it would seem difficult, should have written it a little better but I do understand that she is writing the story from a different perspective. I am sure sitting down and talking with Lily would have been far more greater than reading it.

No comments: