Friday, April 29, 2011

Review: The Paperbark Shoe - Goldie Goldbloom




Genre: Historical Fiction

Format: Trade Paperback/ARC

ISBN: 9780312674502

Pages: 384

Published: March 2011

Rating: 3/5 Stars


I really wanted to love this book. I did, but I didn't. I was up and down throughout the whole book. It truly was a great story about Australia during WWII and the effects on the Italian prisoners and I loved the whole story but there were things that just didn't hold me up. I kept saying "This is great" and I keep going and then I would hit a stump and be saying "how much longer?". I just kept staying unfocused and many points just weren't holding me.


I truly feel in love with Mudsey though and she was the best part of the whole book. I just felt so sorry and so proud of her. She just wanted to be loved and just wasn't getting what she truly deserved. But she said strong all throughout and even though she seemed so strong she had a "kid" moments which was amazing. If you are going to read this just keep in mind that it may fall off at times but it is still a good story.

No comments: