Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Review: Major Pettigrew's :ast Stand - Helen Simonson



Genre: Fiction

ISBN: 9780812981223
Pages: 358

Format: Trade Paperback

Rating: 5/5 Stars

Read: Nov./Dec. 2011

Published: November 2010

Work Book club read for November


I am kinda embarrassed to write a review since it took me more than a month to read it. Since my move my commute if 90% less and so my "time" is pretty much lost. I am a busy working Mom nut that should really be no real excuse (even though it is a pretty good one) I love my books and I have to make more time for them. Maybe that should be my New Year's resolution!!!


Anyway, back to the book. I truly loved it. I always like to think that I can always feel young no matter at what age. I love how chivalry still exist (in that world or at least England). I always love inter-racial and inter-faith interactions. It always seems odd to me how people still can't shake the idea of this world-wide melting pot. It is not just American and Great Britain anymore. Many countries are "mixing" and it should totally be embraced! My husband and I are inter-racial and we are just fine about it. We never even really thought about it. I see people and people only! That is how it should be so it was truly a joy to read this book and it is recommended by me to all people of all ages and what-not because it is simply a comfortable read that makes you feel good inside and still leaves a good taste in your mouth.

No comments: