Friday, September 18, 2009

The Girl who Played with Fire


So I finally finished the book (it took my 2 weeks) and I loved it! It was much better than the first one [The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo]. I got right into it. I gave it a total of 4 stars (only a selected few get 5 stars). I am very excited, and impatient, for the last one, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. It is not yet translated. I might be wrong, but I think it should come out March 2010 but I am unsure of that. I guess I would have to look into it.

Anyway, I liked it because it got you guessing all the way through. All the characters were great, even if you didn't like them. You loved to hate them! I never really read mysteries and the sort but this one was great and as I said it grabbed me from the beginning and sucked me in!

My TBR (To Be Read) list is growing... there are so many books that I want to read but it is hard considering motherhood, work, & school but thank Goodness for public transportation! That's where I get most of my reading done, that and when the kids are asleep, which is hardly ever!

I now just started reading Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers and I have gotten a lot of mixed reviews of this book. A very small handful of people liked it but as you can tell by the title is may not be suitable for a lot of people. I don't mind it. I always said that I would donate my body to Science so that others can learn. What am I going to do with it when I die? This is not a novel nor is it a text book it is simply her pure fascination. She was "curious" to see what really goes on and for what reasons. I am not loving it nor am I hating it. It will be a fast read and then off to another read!

No comments: