Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold


OK. I gave it 2 stars and it only got such a high mark from me because I liked the concept. The story was horrible. I hated so much of it and I really wanted to throw the book across the room but the kiddies were asleep and I didn't want to wake them but I threw it in the morning when they were awake!.
The book dragged and there was a lot of unnecessary content. I got kinda excited when Lindsey broke into Harvey's house but for what? Nothing happened thereafter! ARGH!! I also hated the whole Ray thing. I liked that they had a little cutesy romance but the whole "Ghost" story just pissed me off. I think that's what did it for me! After reading that I just couldn't believe the garbage!
A lot of my friends said that they cried and it was such a beautiful story...Why did I wanna bash my skull in? ARGH!!!! OK. I am done with this review. It only makes me more angry that I wasted 2 1/2 days in reading it.

I also had to put House of Leaves away for awhile. I just wasn't getting into it. I am sure it's a great read in all, but I am just not in the mood. I am reading Push now by Sapphire. I should be done by the end of the day (I love those one day reads!). It is quite interesting and heartbreaking. Thereafter, I don't know what else to read. I won two books on Goodreads: Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer and Hummingbirds: A Novel by Joshua Gaylord. I will read them as soon as they arrive. I may just read a YA just cause it's a quick read (either People of Sparks or Rebel Angels, they are both parts 2's of previous books I've read.
Oh well, stay tuned for my review of Push.

No comments: