Thursday, November 12, 2009

Eating Animals - Jonathan Safran Foer


A Modern day yellow journalist with a modern day Jungle. If you like animals or if you have a weak stomach I don't recommend it. But if you like facts and the truth then go on and read it. We all associate food with multiple things such as dates, holidays, and so on. So animals play a large role in all of our lives. Even if you are a vegetarian. it's the circle of life!

I really did enjoy it. Most of it I was already aware of because I have read into it and I also have friends who don't eat meat for these reasons. But there is a lot to it that I wish I didn't know and things that I did not know of or simply just never thought about. A lot of things make sense like, pollution, and illnesses (asthma, flu's, etc.) And how stress is not good meat but animals with adrenaline (blood flow) is good meat -now you can only imagine what happens there. I like how he compares city living to country living. Either way we are all screwed. There is so much going on that we have lost control.

I am not a big meat eater simply because I don't like it. I eat steaks on occasion. I eat chicken and turkey quite a bit and ONLY eat baby shrimp, when it comes to seafood (all other are just YUCK!) but never did I stop eating it throughout the book. I was very much disgusted (especially about the Shit and the perversions) In fact I was eating a chicken gyro as I was reading it. I don't have a weak stomach and I am pretty good and accepting the truth even though I don't like it or agree with it but I came to the conclusions that I have no control over it nor do I want to get involved (that sounds bad doesn't it? I don't mean it like that per say, but there is just too much going on in the world that I am not going to drop everything to fix. Especially if the damage is already done.)

No comments: