Monday, November 9, 2009

Uglies - Scott Westerfeld


So this is one of my favorite Young Adults novels. I never really got into them as an adult but this one was very good. It is also good for young adults to understand that beauty is within and to be different is wonderful. I liked the whole concept and enjoyed futurific quality of it. Uglies is basically about how everyone is "ugly" until their 16th birthday and then they get operations that smooth their skin, fix their thought (making them grown-up) and do complete 360 and make the into the Pretties where life is great and they party all the time. The Uglies and the Pretties don't associate. In fact, they are not even allowed to live with each other. They are separating and until the Ugly becomes Pretty they will have no contact until the transformation.
It is a great concept and I like the style writing. It's fun and it grips you into it. I think that young adults would very much enjoy this. It was a very quick read and now I got to get on the whole series now. Pretties is next. I gave this book 4/5 stars based on my view of a YA novel.

No comments: