Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan

I didn't think I was going to like this book because it just didn't seem like I would. Plain and simple. But I did. I loved it! It's a young adult book and is a part of a trilogy. It brings in Greek Mythology with current events and I just really enjoyed reading this. I liked all the characters and I am excited about the movie and I am also excited about reading the other 2 books within the series.

Not only did I love the whole plot of the story but I loved how it seemed kinda real with they way they spoke and of how people act. If you read it I guess you will understand. You also don't need to brush up on your Greek Mythology because it explains everything.

I recommend it to the majority of people with an imagination!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for trying a book you thought you'd hate! Doesn't it make you want to be more adventurous in your reading choices?

Donna said...

Definitely! I love surpirses!!!