Monday, December 7, 2009

Rant - Chuck Palahniuk

Chuck never ceases to amaze me. His imagination is vivid and just plain out wacky. I love his writings because it's unexpected and different. I read a few of his books and will continue to read them until I read all of them. In his books, you have to look back and re-read things because you think "Why didn't I see that?".

Rant is an "oral biography" of a Young guy who leaves his home and becomes this leader of "party crashing" which is a bunch of people smashing cars into each other as a game. The story is told in a various amount of peoples words. They all speak of him in the past and talk about his crazy life. It may not sound like your average Palahnuik book but there is a lot of crazy, disturbing, and sometimes even sicking stuff mixed in there. It is typical Chuck NOT classic just typical. This may not be his best but it still was very good and I gave it 3/5 stars.

No comments: