Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Zipporah, Wife of Moses - Marek Halter

OK, I am a big fan of historical fiction but not a big fan of the bible (or religion for that matter) and I don't mean to offend anyone but I am agnostic by choice and I gotta admit, I did really enjoy this story. It is what the title is. It is about the wife of Moses and her journey in being his wife along with her journey with him to Egypt. It was very intriguing and I read it only because I needed a Z book to finish off my ABC title challenge. I never would have read this book but I am glad I did. I don't know how much of it actually ties in to the Bible but it creates a good read none the less.

I was always a big reader and when I was younger my uncle always that if I ever wanted to read the "best book ever" I was to read the Bible and I did make that attempt when I was a teenager but never went back. Now I am too engulfed in my challenges and life in general that it may be some time before I try it out again. But don't think I will change how I feel about religion. I am still going to stay agnostic. My husband is a Christan and accepts me. My family are Catholic, they accept me. My husbands family are born again Christan's, they accept me. Why can't you?

No comments: