Monday, January 4, 2010

Specials - Scott Westerfeld



So this is the third in the series and I assume Extras would be the last. I gotta admit that this one was better than the second, Pretties but Uglies, was still the best one out of the three.

I gave Specials 3/5 stars because it was a good read and that only. I liked how the incorporated all the regular characters and the ending was very surprising and I liked how it did a massive switch but still I felt the language was annoying. Pretties had it the worst with all the dizzy-making and all bubbly but Specials only really had icy. I feel that the author kinda just created a new language for the average teenager. A friend of mine said she feels like he watched Clueless over and over again and I agree. I also feel that since this is supposed to be like hundreds or thousands of years after our time (I know he mentions it in the book but I forgot how long really) so maybe Scott Westerfeld was simply creating a new language for them all together. Either way, it was a fun read and I will be getting to Extras sometime soon.

No comments: