Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Poacher's Son - Paul Doiron


I used to love mysteries then I fell out of love with them and just recently I have decided to give it another go. So after Shutter Island, I got a chance to get an ARC from Barnes and Noble's First Look Book Club of The Poacher's son. I felt that it was not like a typical mystery. There were times that I was a little freaked out or nauseated about the animals but I really think Doiron created a nice picture. I am a city girl so it was hard for me to relate to certain things but I found a lot of it very interesting and I began to understand all those small town country elements. Doiron really creates a clear view of the towns as well as the people. He really allows the reader to picture everything in their heads.


I really think I would pick up another one of Paul's books. He is a very good writer and artist. I gave the book a total of 4/5 stars.

No comments: