Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Review: If I Stay - Gayle Forman


Genre: YA Fiction
Pages: 234
ISBN: 9780142415436
Format: Trade Paperback
Rating 4.5/5 stars
Why didn't I give this 5 stars? I am still not sure myself but something unforeseen was holding me back. I really did enjoy the story and it took me seconds to read. I loved it and I would like to think that I would be just like Mia's parents when my girl's grow up except for the whole car crash thing!
This is about a story of a young girl of 17 to has a wonderful life and family and it all ends in an instant when her parents and her younger brother all perish in a car crash. She is lying in ICU and walking between the space of life and death. She sees and hears everything around her but it's up to her if she should live or die. All through her decision making she goes over her life and tells us bits and pieces of her story and it is so compelling and heartwarming and of course sad but it is such a good quick story and I am very happy that it is becoming a series and the next installment Where She Went will be out this April.
I do recommend this book to young adults and adults alike. It is truly a great story and I must admit I was a sucker for it.

No comments: