Friday, June 17, 2011

Review: Catching Fire #2 - Suzanne Collins



Genre: Young Adult SiFi fantasy

ISBN: 9780439023498

Pages: 391

Series: The Hunger Games #2

Rating: 5/5 Stars

Published: September 2009


Talk about a cliffhanger! Jeez!! It is going to be a sad day when I finish out this series. This was by far my fave thus far. I hear reviews about Mockingjay stating that it is really good but not as good as the first 2. I left it home so it is going to be a horrible commute home. But I will be happy when I crack open that spine to the final book in the series.


There are many reasons why I liked this one a tad better than the first: I love how the really bring in more people and give more personalities to the one we already have grown to love. There is a better understanding of the Capitol. The most important, is the rise of the people.


I hear people saying the are "Team Peeta" and "Team Gale" but I am like Katniss, and I just can't choose. I love Peeta for his poise and vulnerability and I love Gale for being strong and forgiving. In a perfect world, can't she have both???


I will start Mockingjay tonight in hopes that I can deal with the devastation of an ending the my most beloved series!

No comments: