Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Review: Mockingjay (Book #3) - Suzanne Collins



Genre: SyFy/Young Adult/Fiction

Pages: 390

ISBN: 9780439023511

Published: August 2010

Series: The Hunger Games #3 - Final

Rating: 4/5 Stars


First, it is a sad day that my beloved series has come to the end. The only thing that hold me together is knowing the movies will be out beginning in March 2012. Of course I am not alone in saying that this was not the best in the series. I thought it would turn out the same but differently. The ending was just boring and did nothing for me. (I love you Gale!) There were parts where I was just so excited and then I thought I knew what was going to happen and then....nothing. I predicted a lot of moves and saw what was going to come but there was just some parts that I was just left feeling empty and kinda sad that it happened the way it did for those of you who read it, I am sure you felt the same on some pages).


The very worst part of the book was the children at the end. I felt disgusted and wrong but I guess that is what had to be done, but still I felt horrible reading it and it left a bad taste in my mouth.


But my favorite characters are of course Gale and Haymitch and where I am supposed to love Peeta I just couldn't believe he was so true and genuine. I guess that's just my personality. I had my ins and outs with Katniss and just figured I better just leave it be because you can either love her or hate and I just can't figure out which side on I am on. I also couldn't understand Annie but I don't blame her for anything and of course who couldn't fall in love with Finnick??!!

It was a great series and I haven't felt this much love for a series in...well, never! SO thank you Ms. Collins for a fantastic journey and I will see you at the movies!!!

No comments: