Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Review:The Hunger Games #1 - Suzanne Collins



Genre: Young Adult SiFi Fantasy

Pages: 374

Format: Hardcover

ISBN: 9780439023483

Series: The Hunger Games #1

Rating: 5/5


What was I thinking?? I brought the first 2 books because I trusted my fellow readers and when Mockingjay (the third in the series) came out, I went ahead and pre-ordered it. I kept putting it off and promising myself I will get to it but never really doing it. Then, I moved and I let someone borrow my next read and I read it so quickly that I needed something to read and this series was just sitting there begging to be read. I figured it was a YA so I should fly through it but that is an understatement. I truly love it and I am about 39% (according to GR) through the second installment, Catching Fire. I just can't believe I waited this long. I truly and absolutely loved the first and I can feel I will love the rest of the series.


This was and is such a crazy read. It's a little harsh because of all the killing and deaths for a YA but I guess it is simply age appropriate. This is a sick sad society where they put 24 people who are between 12 and 18 years old, into an extreme environment where they are to fight to the death and the last one standing is the victor. there are 12 districts and 2 are chosen at random to take part in this madness, one male and one female, for each district. So the only one who would really kinda know each other personally are the two from each district. Well, once the games begin, boy do they begin!


This is such an intense quick read that I highly recommend to all ages about 15 years-old.



No comments: