Friday, June 10, 2011

Review: Chef: A Novel - Jaspreet Sungh



Genre: Historical Fiction

Pages: 256

ISBN: 9781608190850

Published: April 2010

Rating: 2.5/stars




I really do love book on India and surrounding countries. There is so much history and culture there and I have tackled many books on them but if I didn't I would never be able to really follow this book. Jaspreet Singh writes as if everyone who reads the book knows the things he speaks of like certain foods, and phrases, and clothing. Anything really.



It was a nice story with it's many twists and turns but nothing that really stood out. I think that if the writing was more written in a little more precise understanding then I would have loved it more but I really do appreciate that it was not written like that because then it takes away from it's culture and it's uniqueness. Do I make any sense? I read the book. I liked the book. I just didn't love the book. I did enjoy some talk about the wars and the cooking but I didn't really need to read the recipes.




My biggest complaint may seem like it is the writing but it's really not, it is more about how I just didn't fall in love with it. That may be one of the reasons but it truly is just how I wasn't entirely drawn in by it. There is a lot more to this book but I don't have really uch to say about it.

No comments: