Monday, August 29, 2011

Review: Half a Life: A Memoir - Darin Strauss




Genre: Non Fiction
ISBN: 9780812982534 - ARC
Pages: 191
Format: Trade Paperback
Rating: 2/5 Stars
Read: August 2011

To start, I got bored. I feel that this book was probably more for him then for the audience. I liked it and then...like I said I got bored and I do feel kinda bad about it because if it were the other way around I would hates for someone to rate my real life with such a low rating, but I didn't really hate the book. I found it quite interesting...

I should tell you that this book is about a guy who had killed a girl with his car, by accident, when he was in high school. This is 20 years later and he talks about how he lived with the guilt and how it was a process, a long one I might add, of how he came to terms with it. It was crazy of what he had to deal with and of all the ups and downs and the B.S. he had to endure but I still felt that it would have been a great article or essay. I don't really know why I am giving it 2 stars maybe its because I thought it as simply just "Okay".


No comments: