Friday, September 16, 2011

Review: City of Ashes (Book #2) - Cassandra Clare

Genre: YA Fantasy
Pages: 454

ISBN: 9781416972242

Series: The Mortal Instruments #2

Rating: 4/5 Stars

Read: August 2011



Well, this is the second installment of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare and it has been so long since I have read the first one, City of Bones so it was kinda hard for me to retrace and remember what had happened. I remembered a few key points like who's who but I got tied at certain pages and just was hoping that it would all come together in the end, in which it did. I am going to have to read the next few 2 books more closely together so I don't lose track of the stories.


I liked the book because it kinda had this adulty-youthful innocence to it. Does that make sense? I mean, I know that these are teenagers who think they know the world (what teen doesn't think that?) but having to grow up quickly under the crazy circumstances. Even know these are teenagers they talk with such authority and reassurance. Whatever I mean it makes sense to me.


Of course I love Jace too and I am glad he is not my brother! He is still up for grabs huh? I mean, I am almost positive that they are going to find out that they are not really related. I mean, come on, what are the building up for? I can read between the lines. It is a destined love! I am just going to have to put the next 2 books up a little on my list to prove my sanity!

No comments: