Friday, September 23, 2011

Review: the Dolphin People - Torsten Krol



Genre: Historical Fiction

ISBN: 9780061672965

Pages: 384

Published: December 2009

Rating: 3.5/5 Stars
Read: September 2011


I am still not too sure how I feel about this book. Maybe I can figure it out buy the time I finish this post. It is about a German family with 2 boys and whose Dad died during WWII so Mom had to marry his brother. They were going to Venezuela to live when the plane crashed and they had to swim to land where the ran into the Yayomi Indians and convinced them that they were the dolphin people so that they could stay with the tribe until they could find a way to escape. When the arrived there they met another German who was an anthropologist who was living amongst them for eleven years. He became the translator and help them create "lie" to explain their behaviors and such.


The story goes on just on how they tried to be one of the Indians and it was a very interesting story and very convincing. I love Anthropology so much so that I got my BA in it! I really do enjoy reading about Indians (more of the Maya but I can settle for others too). I also love to read about WWII so this had the best of my faves so maybe that is why I liked it as much as I didn't know I did! See, I know that I could pin point how I felt about this book after I finished the post! I just had to get it all down so I can sort through it. Just like the Archivist in me!

No comments: