Thursday, December 22, 2011

Review: Bumped - Megan McCafferty


Genre: YA Fiction
ISBN: 9780061962745
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 323
Published: April 2011
Rating: 2.5/5 stars
Why I read it: Recommended by a friend
Series: Bumped #1
Read: December 2011

Okay so I have no idea on how to rate this. I didn't really like it but I didn't want to smash it against the wall, well, at least not at the end. There was a lot of touch and go in the beginning. It wasn't until the, um, scandal (?) until I kinda started to get into it and to start to understand the jargon. Maybe it is the Mom in me but the language was murder! I know things like this will happen because it always does and I know I use new language everyday and make up my own at points but these things happen gradually and it was gruesome in the beginning but I guess I just answered my own question then huh?

Well, I like the futuristic feel even though it was not too much into the future but who is to say teenage pregnancy for profit can't happen? I'd rather that then trying to flush their pregnancies down the toilet. (That is a whole other blog). I liked the ending and I am sure I will read the next in the series just because I liked the ending....

No comments: