Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Review: The Winter Sea - Susanna Kearsley

Genre: Historical Fiction
ISBN: 9781611291285
Pages: 527
Format: Hardcover
Read: February 2012
Rating: 3.5/5 stars
Work Book Club


It was hard to rate this because it too a great amount of time to get into. It goes back and forth from the present day and from the 1700's. It is a great little tale about a present day writer who travels to Scotland to write her new novel but gets sudden spouts of deja vu and begins to write about a woman Sophia back in the 1700's and as it turns out is her late ancestor. Carrie (the writer) begins to take the memories of Sophia and writes and all her writings and findings deem to be truth. It is a great story of history and love but it just took a lot to get through at first. There are so many characters and at first I was having trouble keeping up and it was until well in to the 200 page mark that I finally began to follow along and get more into it.

I wonder if I were the only one to have this issue...I guess when we meet for my book club we can thus discuss. Hopefully I will remember to put in this review of what was discussed.

HAPPY READING!

No comments: