Thursday, May 3, 2012

Review: The Maze Runner (#1) - James Dashner

Genre: YA Fiction
ISBN: 9780385737944
Format: eBook / ARC paperback
Pages: 384
Published: October 2009
Series: The Maze Runner #1
Read: April 2012

So after all my smut I needed a break. I realized that you can borrow books from friends on the nook and one of mine had The Maze Runner and I also had the ARC copy for like ever so I borrowed it not realizing that it had an expiration so midway thru it expired and I could not borrow it again so luckily I had the hardcopy and continued on. So here is my review:

I loved it. for reasons I really can not explain. I just liked the imagination and really liked all of the characters. This is an example of one of those adultish young adult books. More for the 17 year olds. The book is really like an expirenement and of how these young boys are put into the rat cage of a mze and have to attempt to figure a way to survive. It's the whole Darwin theory and they are so young and inexpireneced with life and yet someone Thomas comes in and starts getting flashes of memories and then a girl gets sent and it all chaos. Every month a new boy gets sent but when they send a girl with a not it chages everything a now it's a race to sruvive the maze.

There is more to the story, obviously, but it is creative and fun. Not intense for me but I liked the characters and the storyline and I definitely will continuire on with the series.

No comments: