Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Outlander #1 - Diana Gabaldon



Genre: Historical Fiction
Published: 1991
Series: Outlander #1
Pages: 850
Rating: 5/5 Stars
ISBN: 0440212561
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Read: May/June 2012

I loved this book from start to finish. Of course there are many MANY coincidental things but I really don't care. I was so intrigued by the story that I couldn't really rely on that issue. Not even half way through the book I went out and brought the remaining books within the series (well, whatever was in paperback anyways).

This book brings in everything I love about reading: History, time travel, mystery, romance, murder and all else you can imagine. Sorry there are no faeries nor are there any vampires but that's what makes it so wonderful. It's so real and yet it's not. The characters were superb and how Diana Gabaldon came up with these wonderful characters is beyond me. I am super curious as to see how the story goes especially since there are 13 books (and counting) within the Outlander series and all of them are well over 800 pages!

Now back to my beloved characters....

I loved Jamie from the start. I loved his ruthfulness. His courage. His immortality. His Innocence! He was my hero from the start. Don't get me wrong I loved Frank when I first heard him speak but many pages later, after I got over his mourning and sorrow, I kinda grew apart from him. I love how both of these men love Claire. They both adore her. I believe their love and it didn't bother me that Jamie always showed up. It is crazy all the horrific and strange things that had happened to him and I am sure will continue on. I believe that Jamie (whether he likes it or not) is fairly immortal! God what he went through but I love his willingness and determination. He may have given in at some point but having a great woman behind you always works magic!


This is the best depiction of Jamie yet. YUM!


http://youtu.be/F_dVolYyDRo

No comments: