Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review: Time and Again - Jack Finney

Genre: Historical Fiction
Pages: 399
ISBN: 9780671242954
Format: Large Paperback
Read: June 2012
Recommended by: Jean (co-worker)
Rating: 3.5/5 Stars

I did enjoy this book but it moved rather quickly and then stopped and kinda dragged. The beginning happened so fast that I didn't even realize that he went back in time. I wish that part was more clear of how they did it. They just did!

I like the idea that they could go back in time and witness the past. I also loved that it was set in NYC because that is where I work and live so I knew of most of the places he spoke about. I also loved that it was illustrated letting the reader really picture what he "saw".

The book was simply OK. Many people loved it and maybe I just didn't get it but I didn't feel that it was all that great. It was definitely interesting but that is all. The characters had no real depth. I do, however, recommend this book to those who like to read about NYC history and time travel.

No comments: