Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review: The Art of Fielding - Chad Harbach

Genre: Fiction
Format: Trade Paperback
ISBN: 9780316126670
Pages: 512
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Read: July 2012
Recommended by: Work Book Club

I was surprised at how much I liked this book. Of course like everyone else, I thought that I would have no interest because it was about Baseball and it was not really about it per say. Of course there was a lot of talk about the baseball team and yadda yadda but the characters were all so great! Each had a strange personality. Like us humans we all have something that is wrong with us one way or the other. Every character in the book has something that matter.

There is so much I want to say about this book but am finding it hard for words probably because they are all so jumbled. There was a lot going on. The ending kinda was a eh but many books have to end and I feel that it is always hard to put an ending to something. It was a decent ending but left me with no real emotion but the rest of the book was great! Don't let the title fool you. It truly is a great book. AND don't let the largeness fool you either. It flows so well and it is a quick and easy read.

No comments: