Monday, September 10, 2012

Review: Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander #2) - Diana Gabaldon


Genre: Historical Fiction
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 947
ISBN: 0440215625
Series: Outlander #2
Read: August 2012
Published: December 1993

At first this book was a little confusing because it started from the "present" (1968). I didn't quite understand where it was going. I thought that the story was ruined that way, until I finished it of course and I began to understand. It took me some time to read this only because it was summer and there are many things to do and sadly reading was not one of them. I always tried to put it first but then I had a family.

Anyways, there are so many people in this book that I forgot who was who. I even read the books back to back but it seems that the ones who I thought were not so important in the first book became important in the next.

Oh, Jamie! How does one not love him? The whole Jack Randall thing is just...crazy great. I hate his character but I love his character. It makes sense. Believe me. I just love the way Jamie thinks and I always say that men are not like him but then again it is way before there time.

This series is just wonderful and it's hard to find great books that mix up all the wonderful things that I like into one beautiful and suspenseful tale(s). What made this one so great was how well Gabaldon fused the past and present into one ball and made sense. Both came together wonderfully and just made beautiful sense. It is just hard to explain all the things that make this series great I am just hoping that it can stay great. I have only read the first 2 and I believe that there are 8 thus far...I hope Gabaldon can continue her great masterpiece.

No comments: