Friday, September 21, 2012

Review: A Reliable Wife - Robert Goolrick

Genre: Fiction
ISBN: 9781565129771
Published: January 2010
Pages: 290
Rating: 3/5 Stars
Format: Trade Paperback
Read: September 2012

A "Tale of Love and Madness" is a pretty good summary. I also enjoyed the quote from the  book "A story of despair". I really don't know what I expected when I thought about reading it but when I started to I was taken aback. I really wasn't expecting such a tale. It is a sad story with no real happy ending. I did enjoy it, however, I kinda wish that it had more UMPH! It jumped a lot and moved so fast that I felt like it was a short story rather than a 290 page one.

It is a poetic story mainly focusing around 2 people with another 2 mixed in. Truit, sometimes, Ralph, who was a wealthy sad man who had a hell of a past and just wanted comfort in just a cold, dreary town. Catherine, who too, had a crazy life who was super intelligent and just wanted to help people and be loved. Antonio, or Tony, the"son" of Truit who really just had a effed up childhood and really what just messed up. And Mrs. Larsen who was the housemaid, so to speak, who just did everything and seemed to be spoken about in every chapter.

These were the characters but there is more to it then just that but it pretty much sums it up. There is a story behind them and it all comes together but I would rather you read it to understand and you can read it because it is such a fast read.

No comments: